Thursday 19 March 2009

Boxes of delight



I had planned to ship all my jewellery in boxes from a lovely little card shop near me - but of course, this being the recession, the shop had closed down by the time I went to buy some on Saturday. And, typically, it seemed that every other possible source of boxes either had only large boxes or rather twee or unattractive boxes. Which left me on Sunday, first order in hand, trying to figure out whether I could run out at lunch time on Monday and find some nice boxes near work. 

Fortunately, Etsy is a wonderful site for more than just selling and buying things. After a bit of searching, I found a great video about how to make boxes. I dug out a sheet of wrapping paper that was decorated with an antique map and got to work. I was really pleased with the results - and all the more excited that I was able to send my jewellery out in something that was individual, unique and, best of all, handmade by me. 







5 comments:

Marie said...

I love my little box :) I thought it perfect for your earrings. How often things turn out so well unexpectedly!

Indian Summers said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Marie! Box-making is now my new favourite distraction :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty! What a good idea, might try my hand at box-making too.

Globetrottingbride said...

What a fun idea. I love the map paper!

Modelmental said...

Those are adorable!!! Just as cute as the contents!